Learn to storybaord stuff the Simpsons way with this handy .pdf guide! http://courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/13su/resources/strybrd_the_simpsonsway.pdf
Make your own 3D images: one way to do it!
- First off you’ll need a copy of Photoshop. (I’m using cS5, but this can be done in earlier releases of Photoshop)
- Open your art file and save a duplicate file. This will be for your depth mask.
- Now with your depth mask file you’re going to fill in the areas of your art on a grey scale.
- White=closest to the viewer
- Black=farthest away from the view
- See the above image for an example of my depth mask file
- after you’ve filled in your depth mask file, flatten it (Layer>Flatten Image) and save
- you now have 2 separate art files. Your original and your depth mask.
- Open your original art file and open the Channels
- Select the red channel however make sure your other channels are visible (click the little ‘eye’ icon on the rgb channel layer if they’re not)
- horizontal scale is -2, vertical scale 0
- displacement map: stretch to fit
- undefined areas: Wrap around
- Hit ‘OK’
- Choose your depthmask art file and press ‘OK’
- Now click on your Green channel and repeat the above process
- instead of a horizontal scale of -2 make this one 4 (not -4)
Keep in mind this is what works for me. Don’t be afraid to play around with the horizontal scales and most important of all: have fun dammit!
The above image is from my comic: http://www.mushfacecomics.com
Understanding Light- a tutorial at http://www.itchy-animation.co.uk/tutorials/light01.htm
4 parts and really well put together!
Sorry about the poor quality but this is all I could find on Art Adam’s guide to texture drawing. I’d strongly recommend picking up Wizard’s How to Draw book. It’s great reference and has a bunch of industry pros giving away their secret recipes
Pose Maniacs is a site with some really great references. Go there and practice up on some really cool muscle drawings in different poses. You can even rotate the poses in browser! neat! http://www.posemaniacs.com